# of players: 4
Object of the Game:
Score 500 points by bidding and making books
- Books: a set a four cards, one from each player. The highest ranking card wins the books
- If a team bids 4 books and wins those four books, the score is marked as 40 points. If the team makes more than four books, any additional books are counted as single digits (ex. If a team scores 6 books but only bids 4, are score of 42 will be given rather than 60).
- In this game, Spades (Strings) are trump cards. Even the lowest String (for example 3 of string) will beat an Ace or lower from any other card suit.
Spades: Highest to lowest: Big Joker, Little Joker, Deuce (2 of Spades/Strings), Ace, King, Queen, Jack, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2- all other cards: Ace, King, Queen, Jack, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2
- Deal all cards until each player has 13 cards.
- Each player must determine how many books they believe they can obtain using high ranking cards from their hand (ex. Ace, Kings, and most of the spades/ string cards).
- Once this is done, partners will determine (Bid) how many books their team will attempt to make.
- After bids for books are made, playing may begin by, having the person after the dealer (clockwise) play any card.
- See the examples below. The musical equations have been replaced with numbers in these examples for explanatory purposes only.
2 of diamonds and 2 of hearts